These WERE a few of my Favorite Things:
1. AVEDA Self Control Hair Wax
- I am sadly "waxing poetic" over the cancellation of my favorite hair styling product - the one that was shaped like deodorant and did indeed confuse a few house guests. Aveda Self Control is the Holy Grail of hair styling products. I used to work at an Aveda salon (in the 90's when it was still Aveda). I became a Self Control Junkie, sporting my freshly cut pixie, smelling like Jorst's signature "purefume" goodness, and knowing that my superpowers could be found in a 2 oz. stick of solid hair magic. I never ever dreamed that AVEDA (now Estee Lauder) would pull the plug on this desert-island product. I recently saw a single (new) stick on ebay for $199. I offered the woman fifty bucks and she turned me down. I swear if I ever make a million dollars (or more), I am going to buy every last stick on the planet. If there are any left. (*end note - that stick went for a grand total of $56.00 - she coulda just taken my $50...)
2. Pacifica Indian Coconut Body Wash
. At Sephora one week. Gone the next. This perfect signature coconut scent exists in every other format, including a solid perfume. And almost every other scent they produce has a body wash.... so what happened? I don't want the Indian Coconut perfume (well, maybe the spray of you're wondering what I might want for my birthday). I want the body wash.... I want so much natural tropical splendor in my suds, that the only thing missing is the Jamaican rum. And the palm trees. I still scour the shelves at Ricky's when I'm in the city... hoping to find that one last, dusty jug. *weeps silently*
3. Coconut Flavored YooHoo
. A gift from the gods. Mother's milk from MobilMart. Oh, how I miss it.
4. Old Navy Cami Tops without
the shelf-bra. Newflash
! Post-mastectomy women covet them. At six bucks apiece, I haven't worn anything else under my clothes since I went through breast cancer in 2005. They slide on and up like tube skirts (so no arm lifting necessary) and they provide a comfortable, almost necessary, snugness that reconstructive surgery begs for even years after sutures are removed. They came in a myriad fashionably normal colors (so it was okay if a strap showed from time to time) and they lasted (well, the quality declined over the years, but I hung in there). I could wear them all the time, with or without anything over them and they made me feel GOOD. Well, I recently went to order new ones... at six bucks each, the white ones are worth replacing every few months... and they don't make them anymore. They put a "shelf bra" back in them - an itchy, jock strappy strip of elastic that just messes with my implants. I beg you, Old Navy, please... I just want my daily "go-to" snug, soft, tank top/bra/nightshirt cami back. In white, black, brown, pink, ocean, berry, slate, hunter, navy, violet, and lime.
5. My old eyeglass frame company Planet I
discontinued my favorite style. Ugh. Picking new eyeglass frames is like picking a husband. You're committed, man. And I ain't no spring chicken. I'm almost into tri-focal territory! All the better to see my handsome hubby, though.
My 5 ...
1) With you on the Coconut Yoo Hoo since I believe I was the one that turned you onto them at the gas station/bingo lottery ticket heaven/minimart on the West side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway (aka Route 60/Gulf to Bay Blvd. in Clearwater).
2) THE ORIGINAL NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo with the Psyche Goddess of Purity picture and the lovely scented emerald green goodness.
3) Duh. Mint Snapple.
4) Double duh. Andiamo
5) Swiss Miss pudding packs in coconut cream pie.
geez still missing ( and looking for) Aveda self control. Did you ever find a good replacement product?
nope never did. :(
Post a Comment